Well, thank you Ellen, I had a ball putting this together, thank you so much for the nomination.
This looks like fun. This afternoon I discovered that I had been nominated for the happiness tag, apparently I make Ellen laugh. Well we’ll just have to see if I can do the same for the rest of you that may be reading this. So here goes…
5 things that make me happy, I’m only allowed to pick 5, ok here goes.
- Sunshine – always cheers me up, it’s the best thing nature can throw at me to make me smile.
- Friends – there is nothing better in the world than a real belly laugh with friends who get you, I raise a glass to everyone who has made me cry with laughter.
- Silent moments – there are those moments that you just want to put your feet up and relax, no noise, no people maybe a good book but a minute of absolute silence to allow myself to just be me.
- Writing – I know you’d expect me to put that on the list being a writer but it’s true writing fulfills me in a way that everyday work just can’t. Creating something from nothing is sheer magic.
- Contentment – Yes a serious answer, I’ve never striven to find happiness but I have always hoped to find contentment, having had plenty of rollercoaster times in my life I am only too happy to settle for a nice content lifestyle. I’m done with the drama of life, just take what’s offered and be happy with your lot.
5 songs that make me happy, I love wordy songs that are deep and meaningful and there’s so much music that means so much to me here’s 5 that make me smile or uplift me.
Don’t Call Me Baby – Madison Avenue. A great song for the shower as well as the dance floor, pure attitude for a girls night out
Thank you – Led Zepplin, possibly one of the most beautiful songs ever written. So many memories how can you not smile listening to this.
Wait for it……..
Are you laughing yet? I need a reminder of my roots sometimes. The most fun you can have listening to music 😉
Here I Go Again – Whitesnake. Well who doesn’t love an 80’s classic, turn the volume up and sing your little heart out.
I’m The Greatest Star – Barbra Streisand. Just sometimes we need reminding how great we are and anyway how could I do a music compilation and not include this. If you don’t feel like smiling after this lot there’s no hope for you. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed my choices.
Now I must nominate 5 bloggers who make me happy and that’s the easy part.
1.https://blondieaka.wordpress.com/ never fails to make me laugh, stop by and get an update on her Luffa…… it’ll be worth the effort. She has a funny dog too.
2. https://gemstoneauthor.wordpress.com/ Gem really is a real Gem she’s always happy so this should be a breeze for her.
3. https://thewatsonletters.wordpress.com/ wicked sense of humour, you’ll love this blogger.
4. https://ididnthavemyglasseson.com Beth’s site is fun and she has a great way with words.
5. https://spiritualjourney17.wordpress.com/about/ this nomination is because I’d like to know more of this site, it’s lovely and optimistic.